We’re looking for a web developer
If you’re an experienced web dev and you’re looking to join a team that ❤️ the web, get excited by clever code, and generally being one step ahead of the curve, then get in touch.
We look after our team, A LOT, and we’ve worked hard to build a trusted and respected company based on 4 core values.
Aim high • Balance work/life • Innovate • Cultivate
After being in business for 26 years, we’ve created a solid foundation to ensure job security and longevity.
Join us on our journey 🚀 Apply online or find out more below.
I love the social side of working at Laser Red. We’ve done quizzes galore during lockdown, the virtual Christmas Party was brilliant with a special dance round from the O’Learys and we’ve got a big summer BBQ planned with an inflatable assault course.
It feels like I work with a group of friends rather than colleagues.
Lisa – Dev
- Salary + bonuses
- Remote working or office working (you choose)
- Flexi-working times
- 25 days off each year + bank holidays
- 2 wellbeing days off each year
- Red Converse
- Training allowance + hack days
- Free counselling sessions
- Monthly rewards and prizes
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- New laptop
- Team outings, shindigs and events
Basically, if you like building stuff and you want to be part of a team that is growing, learning, pushing boundaries and working with people that appreciate and push you to improve, then get in touch.
Being a developer at Laser Red is a fantastic experience, we work on some exciting projects, with a great team of people and are constantly improving our knowledge and skills. The team is very supportive, and we all like a good challenge. The development environment you use is up to you, be it Windows (boo), Mac (boo), or Linux (yay).
We’re given time to learn new technologies and improve our understanding of existing ones, projects are collaborative and well organised meaning we have the maximum possible opportunity to do what we do best, write awesome code.
Joe – Dev
Skills to demonstrate:
- Good communication skills with others
- Passion for web dev / performance / clean and structured code
- Good PHP + MySQL
- Good level of WordPress knowledge or another similar CMS system
- Familiar with Laravel or Symfony
- A semantic activist and lover of clean code
- Knowledge of build tools (we love webpack!)
- Pre-processor experience (SASS, LESS, etc)
- Version control (GitHub)
Examples of work:
- Development of websites, web apps, mobile apps E.G. bespoke WordPress, Laravel, Aero or something completely bespoke
- Creating custom layouts, themes and functionality
- Finding solutions to technical problems
- Improving performance and accessibility of projects
- Creating and integrating with APIs
- Stress testing your own and other dev’s work / de-bugging issues
- SysAdmin / Web Ops (if you’re comfortable with that)
- Working with customers directly, through our PM system, and on video calls
- Learning and improving your development skills
As a Developer at Laser Red I’m given the responsibility and freedom to work to the timescales that I put forward but I know that the team has my back if, for whatever reason, it doesn’t go to plan. Likewise, the team know I’m there if it should happen to them as well.
The collaboration with the Development Team and with other teams within the business works really well.
Alex – Dev